Thursday, April 19, 2012

1st ANGLICO 61st Birthday

 I did take a few photos of the birthday party for 1st ANGLICO and here's proof that I did.  I felt honored to be there to celebrate this special occasion with these young Marines and Sailors.  These two Marines have no idea what this honor will mean to them later.  I'm sure they were proud to bring in the cake but this doesn't happen often and there are very few who get this honor.
I was happy to attend.  I could have taken more photos but there are occasions when the camera needs to be put away and join in the festivities.
It was good to meet these men and women.  The torch was truly well passed, these men have done well.
This is a photo of the cake  before it was wheeled in for the ceremony.  Not a great photo but sometimes the memory the photo inspires is more than sufficient to curse the dust in the room.

Semper Fi.
Fair winds and following seas.

Travel smart, travel safe.
whr

former Corpsman of Marines 1st ANGLICO Sub Unit 1, 2nd ROK Marines Blue Dragon Brigade Quang Ngai Provence RVN 66-67.

No comments:

Post a Comment