Saturday, March 3, 2012

ANGLICO Birthday 2012_03_01-02 thoughts

 This isn't in the usual theme of my posts it happens to be a bit more personnel.  So the following are some of my musings about going to the ANGLICO 61st Birthday celebration.

We are not trying m to recapture our youth. I feel that we have a rare and unique opportunity to glimpse at our legacy. The pride we had in our service is now re-enforced by seeing how well the torch was passes.
We share a common bond we have all done the same thing. Shared the same joys and sorrows endured the mind numbing exhaustion. Not something you'd wish on someone but having pride in surviving it.
Will the ability to prove our prowess at the local watering hole prove anything. Life experience has taught me that I may be able to keep up with the knocking back of drinks but somewhere in the back of my mind I'd be thinking of staying in the motel the next morning nursing the mother of all hangovers while the new breed goes about their business slightly the less for wear only proves that the torch has truly and deservedly been passed.
Yes we will be he butt of some jokes but we will have also given them a glimpse into their future for fifty years from now it will be them checking out how well they passed the torch.

It was a good two days.  These men are top notch.

Semper Fi

Travel safe Travel smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment