Friday, March 2, 2012

ANGLICO 61st Bday update 2012_03_02

Well the time with the new ANGLICO team is passed.  I had a great time seeing some of the people I served with many years ago.  Some  members I've been in touch with for years but haven't met.
I am happy to say that those that now carry the torch are doing a very good job.
They have yet to fully understand what a unique experience it is to serve with ANGLICO but when I was their age I didn't understand it either.
I am happy to see that there are more Corpsmen serving with ANGLICO.  When I was with them in 67 I was the only one there.
These young Marines made every effort to make sure that we were well taken care of.  Great pains were made to insure that our time with them was enjoyable.  I think we are indebted to them.
One of the Marines told me at the end of the day that when he heard us older ANGLICANS would be attending he wasn't to pleased.  He said it only took an hour or two to realize that we were walking Marine Corps history.  Two men served on Iwo Jima, two from Korea.  What they had heard about was now walking amongst them.  Our stories were similar to theirs just different eras.
Many hands were shook and lots of OOhhraaghs were raised in loud strong voices.
I took a few photos and had a very good time.
I didn't bring my camera to the bar as some things are better left unrecorded.
It has been an enjoyable journey.

Travel save, travel smart

No comments:

Post a Comment