Monday, February 27, 2012

ANGLICO 61st B-day party prep

I'm getting pretty excited to be getting ready to attend the 61st ANGLICO birthday party at Camp Pendelton.  A few little turns have made getting ready a bit more difficult that I had first imagined.  Being that this affair is for the 'young breed' we've been asked to bring photos of our time together.  Finding, sorting, organizing, scanning and editing those has been a bit of a good / bad thing.  Many familiar faces but the names have escaped me.  I remember the nick names but the real names I'm not sure I really knew in the first place.  Military uses your last name in almost all incidences so that makes it difficult sometimes.  There were also some not so good memories that kept surfacing.

Then of course you'd know I'm updating all of my electronic gear.  Some of it whether I wanted to or not.  Seems like while trying to update my GPS I first needed to update my computer operating system.  Then of course I didn't remember my password for the GPS so I had to reset that.  Then because it has been a long time since I updated and backed up my GPS I figured it would be a good idea to do that also.

While I am excited to do this adventure. It is one of those things that I keep wondering which gear I should pack up.  I want to make sure I get some good photos of everyone.  Like any photographer I tend to be a little obsessed with how my photos turn out.  I have sort of an agenda and that tells me that I'll be shooting indoors a lot.  The issue there is I'm not sure how far away I'll be, either indoors or outdoors.
I'm trying to keep the weight down because I'll be the only one carrying all my camera equipment.  I've started putting things together just to make sure that it is there.

All in all I think this will be a good trip.  There are supposed to be a couple of Marines that survived Iwo Jima, and a Korean War Vet also so we'll have quite a bit of history covered.  Will be great to meet and shake the hands of some of those vets.
Semper Fi
Travel well, travel safe.
wrh

No comments:

Post a Comment