Thursday, December 22, 2011

Two Camera Travel System

I've probably mentioned this before but I think it is worth repeating myself.  When I travel I take two cameras with me.  When I got my first digital camera it was a point and shoot.  It had the ability to take photos and movies.  I liked that ability so when I upgraded to a d-SLR camera I missed being able to have the ability to make movies, sound bites really.  I think it is important while on any adventure or excursion to make some short videos of where you were and what you were doing.

I think sound bites and still photos really help to bring back memories of your time.  It also makes it easier to share with friends by keeping their attention span a bit longer.

The thing is now I have a d-SLR that does both stills and video but I prefer using my point and shoot camera to make my sound bites.  Part of the reason I use the P&S is that it is less conspicuous than the d-SLR and I don't have to be concerned with using the memory card space on the d-SLR.  I know I have about half an hour of video time on the P&S and that is a lot of time for sound bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment