Friday, December 30, 2011

Publish you Photos in a Coffee Table Book


I just received my copy of my self published vacation Coffee Table book.  Bacharach am Rhein 2009  I did a thing with BookSmart® through Blurb.  I have to tell you that I'm glad I made the effort and did it.  Admittedly my first attempt was pretty much a test to see the quality of book I'd get for my money.  If you want to show off your prized photos you'll make the effort to make them look good.  I took some extra time to make sure there was a 'flow' throughout the book.  You know I made sure that pictures of the exterior and interior of a church were on facing pages not several pages apart.  When I sent the book to be published  I did upgrade the paper in the book because I thought it would help my photos look better.

I think this is a great way to show off your photos to your friends.  This is kind of a way to let people know what you saw and where you saw it. Throughout my book I made notes and comments of the photos.  I did this so I didn't have to explain everything over and over again.  I think that in a few years these notes will help me remember my vacation also.

In a way I think if you have a Coffee Table book of your vacation photos to show to your friends then there is a built in limit to their exposure.  Then notes and comments you provide means they won't be asking you questions.  All of this will keep their attention span better than viewing several hundred photos of your vacation.

Yes you can do the same thing with publishing calendars, but a book is not time sensitive.  The calendar once the year is over the calendar comes off of the wall.  Both are a good way to display your talent.  I haven't gotten around to having calendars printed off. 

I'm glad I did a Coffee Table book.  I know I'll do others in the future.

Travel smart, travel safe.
wrh



No comments:

Post a Comment