Saturday, December 17, 2011

International UFO Museum and Research Center, Roswell NM


On a recent trip I decided that I would be close to Roswell, New Mexico and I thought it would be interesting to stop in and see the town.  I don't remember ever being there so I had an opportunity and decided to take it and visit the town.  For me this was an planned overnight stop so we arrived late in the evening and located a motel room for the night.

I didn’t know what to expect but I found a rather nice sized town that didn’t use its fame on every street corner.  Yes, there are lots of references to the UFO crash site and aliens but by and large not so much.


In the morning we visited the Museum for a couple hours.  We found it easily as it was on the same street as our hotel.

While not high tech in appearance it is a nice museum with several interesting displays and some dispelling of myths.  You are allowed to take photos inside the museum.  It is mostly open space with a few chairs for sitting.
A little humor at the expense of the Air Force

There is a gift shop and photos aren’t allowed to be taken inside.  This is only natural as most of the stuff on display is Roswell themed and I’m pretty sure that most of the time once certain items are sold out there aren’t any more.  So if you see something you like then make sure you take it with you because it probably won’t be there if you come back in a couple months.

I enjoyed my time visiting this museum.  The staff was friendly and knowledgeable both in the museum and the gift shop.  I would visit this place again if I were in the area.


There is a parking lot for the museum and while we were there it was busy but not crowded.  Access in and out was pretty simple and the highway is only about a block away so it is relatively to get to and from.


Be well take care.  Travel safe travel smart.
wrh


http://www.roswellufomuseum.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment