Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Local artwork

I'm one of those people that is a sucker for local artwork when I'm traveling.  I lean toward small pen and ink or water color drawings.  I like art but can't draw so I look for unique pieces of art instead.  I like the smaller pieces of art because they go along with my post card collection but are a bit more intimate than post cards.  The smaller pieces of art also fit much better into my budget.  If you can get artwork from the artist then so much the better.  You'll have a unique piece of art from your trip along with a good memory of how you managed to get it into your possession.

My thing is that I tend to mail these pieces home.  If you buy art at an art store they may be willing to package it up for you so you can send it home safe.  Before I leave on vacation  I make arrangements with someone so I can send mail to them when I'm traveling.  This way I know that my purchase will be relatively safe.  I don't have to worry about putting it in my suitcase or where it is in the motel/hotel.

So if you get the opportunity to collect some art during your travels by all means do so.  It will be something to pass on to your kids along with the story of how it came into the family.

Take care be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment