Monday, October 10, 2011

St. Clair Winery, Deming New Mexico

You can tell I've been spending some time in Deming, New Mexico.  I stumbled upon it by accident about a year ago when I noticed a road sign proclaiming the largest Winery in New Mexico.  One of those: "Oh Yeah?  We'll see." moments.  As I've said in previous posts Deming is an interesting town with lots of history and plenty of things to see.
So I checked out the Winery and discovered that I really enjoyed their Gewurztraminer and Riesling wines.  I'm sort of a white wine kind of person.  I've found that for my taste their wines are very good.  I also liked their Cabernet Sauvignon which is about the extent of my red wine taste.
They have also some of their own local flavor blends of wine which are also rather nice.
I found the staff helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.  We purchased a very nice Riesling and a Peach wine that we found interesting and we were given tickets to the local Wine Fest.  It appears that every year in October Deming has this Wine Fest.  We met people from all over that came specifically to St.Clair Winery for this festival.  They brought their own bottles and purchased wine by bulk if you will.  This is their house wine, either red or white or a mix of the two.  They will pour the wine into bottles and cork them if they are wine bottles.  They have assorted size jugs there for sale if you didn't bring your own bottle.
The entrance price was $6 and with that you got a souvenir glass and six wine tastings.  There were vendors and music along with food.
I had a pleasant experience at the Wine Fest in Deming.  I had an enjoyable afternoon.   


No comments:

Post a Comment