Sunday, October 2, 2011

Revisiting the Past

Sometimes when you take a trip down memory lane you find a few sad moments.  On a recent return to one of the places I lived growing up there were moments where the past and the present collided in not so good memories.  I took some photos of this place last year and now it is burned down.
There have been some good times and new memories of this place.  It is the clashing of my past and present that sometimes causes sadness.  I spent many an afternoon in this theater.  It has been closed for a very long time now.
It is a bit of a challenge to go out and take photos when there is a bit of melancholy mixing with what is before the lens.
There will be those days.  I've had some interesting moments since I've returned here.  Sometimes this is what you get.  This is my photography philosophy when I'm out taking photos.  I still get mixed up with time and how quickly it passes while I'm trying to compose my photo.
Take care be well.  Have fun taking photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment