Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Camera Kit

Here is my walk around camera kit. I've developed this kit over a couple of years and past experiences. The kit consists of a belt pouch with two compartments. In one compartment I have my camera and the other I have a small table top tripod and a cheap make up mirror.

In my travels I have found the need for a tripod in those low light situations. I'm fond of churches and old buildings. I put the camera on the tripod and then place the tripod over the back of a church bench and using the two second delay timer I take the photo.

I carry the small makeup mirror because there are times I put the camera in a position where I can't see the screen to compose my shot so I use the makeup mirror to 'see' what I'm focusing on.

Typically I carry the Lumix DMC-ZS7 as it is equipped with a GPS that I find useful when I'm out looking around. If I find something interesting I take a photo of it and then I know where I took the photo. This is really helpful when I want to bring my d-SLR and do a more extensive series of photos. I have two pieces of information that I will help me return to the scene of the photo. I sometimes need help remembering why I want to go back to a place the photo helps me remember and the GPS coordinates help me get back using my car's GPS.

I use the Canon when I know where I'm going and have an idea of what I am going to be taking photos of. I'm a Canon user and I've had the Canon for several years. It travels well and it is smaller than the Lumix so it fits in my pocket.

Both cameras have the capability to shoot video and I'm a big fan of sound bites as I travel. I figure that the 4 gig card in my P&S can stand several minutes of getting the sound of where I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment