Sunday, March 13, 2011

Alternative Trip Planing

I’ve traveled some in my life. I’ve developed how I travel through my experiences while traveling. I am an avid amateur photographer so I tend to look at things a bit differently when traveling. While my family is sleeping I’m out taking photos and exploring where we are. I’ve come to find that I find little gems of places that I can share with my family later when they get up.

I tend to now travel then same when I’m by myself. I get to a place and head out to take photos. If I see something along the way I stop and check it out. I could be walking or driving it doesn’t matter. When I see something I stop and check it out.

This is my travel method now. I sort of plan things and then let my curiosity guide where I end up during the day. I’ve met some wonderful people and I’ve collected some great memories and photographs by traveling this way.

I’ve had some very good success with this method of travel. I’ve also had some not so good success with this method but the good thing about traveling this way is that if I don’t like where I am I can leave any time I choose.

In previous posts I’ve advised you make tons of plans about your trip and this may seem like a contradiction. I’ve also advised against any undue stress and slowing down to enjoy where you are. Remember that you are on vacation to have fun and relax. If you’ve planned your trip and know what things are in the area you don’t need to schedule a time and date to get there aside from it being within the time frame that you are there.

In Germany you can take bus tours that will pick you up from your hotel and bring you back to your hotel. Are the trips expensive? It sort of depends on how you look at the whole trip. Usually when you are on a bus tour then there is a tour guide that will tell you what you are traveling past. This probably is something you didn’t know before so it is good. Plus you don’t have to worry about driving, parking or worrying about getting lost. All you have to do is get on and off the bus.

I like mixing up walking and bus tours while on vacation. Some bus tours can be a little fast paced but overall they tend to take you to a couple of places in one day that you may not have visited if you were on your own.

I think if you plan to visit a place and want to experience that place then you have to spend some time in that place. Meaning you just can’t drive through it. If you are traveling with your family then quality time is far better than quantity time.

If you are traveling with your family then remember kids get bored easily. There are some very wonderful toy stores in München. There is also a toy museum.

So take the time. If you see something that interests you then take the time to check it out. You never know you may discover that some of your priceless memories may come from taking a little side venture.

Think of your plans as sort of a guideline but be prepared to do a modification to them. You can always make another plan to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment