Friday, June 4, 2010

Shutter failed Canon 40D

Yes, right in the middle of a photo shoot I got an Error 99 message on my Canon 40D LED screen. Yup that's a bad one.  It means the shutter failed. S o now it is in the shop being repaired.  Feel like a I'm going through withdrawals without my camera. I decided to break out the big guys so I took the Toyo-View 4x5 and the Mamiya out to do some photos. Funny thing about being really careful when you go back to film. I took several photos with the Mamiya using the close up attachment. I saw some really nice plants with nice lighting so I took photos. Now I have a frame with several exposures on it. Should be interesting to see if nothing comes out.
It was interesting getting out there again with film. I did some experimenting with PW's and the 4x5 and got that up and working now I just have to get some really nice photos with it.
Just for fun I got me a Lumix DMC-ZS7 P&S with GPS so I can track where I'm taking photos. I've also ordered me a back up that should be here sometime today. Can't wait.

Just for grins here are a few photos taken with my new Lumix DMC-ZS7.

The macro works really great.  Here are some photos taken with it.

Remember the worst photo ever is the one not taken.

Take care be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment