Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Setting up for the Trip

Went to the bank and deposited the check and set up an account to use with a debit card. Found the exchange rate for Pounds is $1.71 for one Pound. Good thing we're only there two days. I got some Euros to start with, next up is Pounds Sterling hopefully to cover the two days. I'm thinking maybe a few more Euros are in order, just in case something happens with the debit card. You know like getting canceled because I forgot to call the credit card company. That's right there on the top of my To Do list!
I got a Crumpler 6 million dollar camera bag to hold my walk around gear in. So far it seems to work rather well. It looks small but it is possible to put tons of stuff in it. I've got to be careful about the tons stuff. I've still got to carry it around! I've been using it around the neighborhood and I like it fine. It looks like a messenger bag so it will fold up and fit in my suitcase and be ready to use as a handy bag instead of lugging all my lenses / camera gear around all the time.
It really is hard to pick three lenses to take on a trip. The options are many. I've opted to use mostly fast glass. Now I just have to pick which one's are the one's I'm going to use. I'm sure I'll have it figured out by the time I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment