Sunday, September 20, 2009

Phoenix Public Market


The images above are from L-r: necklaces on a skull platter, bead mobiles, spoons in a can and a sunflower center.




Spent part of the morning at Phoenix Public Market. This located on the south east corner of Central and E. McKinley St. It was the first time I had ever been there and it was interesting. It featured many different vendors from food to jewelry. Typically hot and a bit hectic. There were several portable coolers to help keep the heat sort of at bay. The area is covered so it and smallish but lott of things to see. All of the people there were very friendly and it was a nice atmosphere. As usual I took to much gear I ended up using my Tokina 100mm AT-X Pro F-2.8 macro lens mostly as the space is pretty close. I've not had much chance to use that lens and I'd forgotten how much I really like it for its versatility. It is just a bit to long for this closed in space but great for getting all those very interesting patterns and designs. I shot with the ISO set at 400 to help with the shadows. I had the W/B set to shade and brought back the lightness in Lightroom. I was there for about an hour and a half so when I left I was pretty much ready to leave. I took a liter of water and it was almost gone by the time I left. I had my large backpack on and when I left my back was pretty well soaked.
If you are interested in checking this place out and see what it's like then I would suggest you do so. There are also many other interesting things in the area to photograph.




This is the facade to the Westward Ho Motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment