Monday, August 31, 2009

Map frames

Worked the whole weekend aside from Friday working on map frames for the big guy. I would have worked on Friday but had a bad gout flare up in my right ankle and great toe. I managed to get the molding done and now its sanding and finishing the frames to put the maps in place and get ready to hang. The frames are 4X5 feet in size. Not your average picture frame size.
This will be my last project making something for ADOT. I've snuck in a couple projects of my own. I figured since I was wood working anyhow I might just as well make something for me. Make something good. My last project wasn't all I had hoped it would be. Turned out great just just.... I need something to take away the memory of that one. I figure a couple of small boxes. I've got a couple in mind. I had the wood here some mahogany and some old pine that looks really good now that its been cleaned up and resawn into thinner pieces. I think it will be great for a dovetail box.
Retirement is getting close so things should be starting to get hectic. The interviews are almost over. I need to do my close out evals and the like but I'm ready. Just need to devote time to the Germany trip. Woo-hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment